Mouse blobs in two pizzas served in a school

Mouse droppings were discovered in two pizzas served at a primary school in Chelsea, Outaouais, on Thursday afternoon.

As soon as the faeces were discovered, the children in the elementary school stopped eating the pizzas. An e-mail has been sent to the parents of the group in question to inform them of the situation.

The poison control center was contacted to check whether there was any danger to the young people.

Center staff reported that there were no toxins in the mouse droppings.



Screenshot/VAT news

Although no children were ill, public health officials are asking parents to watch for symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea.

The Portages-de-l’Outaouais School Service Center says support is being offered to young people at the Grand-Boisé school to explain the situation to them.

“The group in question was met by the management and technicians in special education (TES) to explain the situation, answer the students’ questions and reassure them. […] Our TES will be available and attentive to any child who feels the need to talk about the situation,” the school’s service center said in writing.

An investigator from the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of Quebec (MAPAQ) was sent to the restaurant where the pizzas were made to verify the safety of the premises.

The Portages-de-l’Outaouais School Service Center is suspending pizza lunches at least until the return from the holiday break.

Based on information from Étienne Malouin

Leave a Comment