How about cooking vegetarian pasta this World Pasta Day?
BigLove, it’s finally a bit what you feel as soon as you sit down in one of the group’s restaurants big mom – Ober Mamma, Pink Mamma, East Mamma, Mamma Primi, La Felicita… – , to taste the famous truffle pasta or one of the best Neapolitan pizzas in the world. And even more when you learn the trattoria menu Big Love Cafe is 100% vegetarian. The opportunity to ask the chefs for their best meatless pasta recipes, taken from the book “La cucina di Big Mamma” (Editions Phaidon), to copy on this World Day of Italian Cuisine.
5 Vegetarian Italian Pasta Recipes
1.PASTA BOMBA ROSSA, spaghetti with spicy tomato sauce and basil
Preparation: 5 minutes
Preparation: 15 minutes
- Heat the tomato sauce, olive oil and half of the basil leaves for 5 minutes on low heat in a frying pan. Salt, pepper and add 1 pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain them with tongs 5 minutes before they are cooked and put them in the pan with Mantecare tomato sauce.
- Add 1 ladleful of pasta cooking water and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta in deep plates.
- Add the candied cherry tomatoes, the remaining basil leaves and 1 pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
2. BURRATELLI, burrata and tomato tortellini